or fill out the short form below.
You can count on us to deliver exceptional results.
Database and eCommerce Websites
Commercial Websites Deliver Cost Savings and ROI
eCommerce and other database-driven websites are an excellent choice for retailers who want to sell to customers online and are also a cost-effective solution for companies that need to organize and display a large amount of information online.
Whether you need an off-the-shelf, or a partially- or fully-customized database-driven website, our integrated data-driven solutions give you the best value for your dollar. From design to development and on through launch, we'll complete your project on time and within budget so that you can concentrate on selling to your customers.
Database-driven and eCommerce sites require more initial effort to set up, but if you need to display a large of amount of data or sell to your customers online, the results make it worth the effort.
Dynamic Websites in a Nutshell
Database-driven sites are frequently called 'dynamic' sites, as compared to the plain HTML sites, referred to as 'static' sites. When visitors browse these websites, requests for information become queries to the underlying database, from which is delivered the specific information requested, displayed on pre-defined page templates. So the key feature of a database-driven site is the separation of the data and information from its presentation.
The purpose of a database site is really to simplify the user’s visit when the options are too numerous or the information to voluminous to sift through. Dynamic sites – done correctly – significantly increase the usability of the site, which is your goal if you are seeking to maximize conversions (visitor actions, such as buying your products).
When Database Sites Make Sense
Dynamic sites make a lot of sense when you have a massive amount of options from which a visitor could choose, such as an eCommcerce website with hundreds, if not thousands, of products or product combinations. Anytime there is a lot of information, particularly when the information can be presented in multiple combinations, or when the information changes regularly, is when you will want to consider a database-driven website. Other examples are inventory-based sites, list-based websites, reservation-system sites, and the like.
Many times these sites include 'easy editor' access to the backend, where non-programmer users can readily edit or modify information. This is one of the main ways these sites can be very economical to maintain. Also, in recent years, many new components have been developed to enable these sites to be every bit as SEO-friendly as static websites, a key consideration when your site must deliver ROI.
Examples of Dynamic Site Features
Whether your site is to be built on a Windows or Linux platform, there are numerous free (open source) and priced off-the-shelf solutions to choose from. Alternatively, you may choose a fully custom-built solution, or a combination of an off-the-shelf option with some level of customization. The recommended solution should be provided to you by your programming team only after your requirements are fully understood.
Main Benefits of Database-Driven Websites
There are lots of benefits to these types of sites, and you can see where the cost-savings is captured over time.
- Updates, Additions and Deletions Are Easy: Maintaining website content can be time consuming and costly if you require a programmer or coder to make each change. With a database-driven CMS website, all of this is avoided.
- No Skill Required: No HTML or website design knowledge is required to make updates. Generally, if a person could fill out an online form, they could make backend changes to a database-driven website.
- Free Dynamic Page Content Tools: CMS tools enable you to create dynamic web page content yourself, rather than requiring a programmer. Of course, you can add, modify or delete essentially all information stored in the database, including photos, videos, audio, etc.
- Unique Website Features: Once you have your base database, you will find it easy to add fun, interesting, engaging and useful features to your site. Really, there is no limit outside your imagination. Developing these features during the initial development phase doesn’t add too much more to the cost, so consider some ‘out-of-the-box’ ideas.
- Supports Website Growth: Dynamic websites enable you to grow without incurring extra costs. If you have structured your website to support multiple types of template pages based on the addition of records to your database, just adding that additional information spawns a larger website with more pages with no additional costs.
Choose an Experienced Vendor for Complex Sites
Database-driven websites are more complex to program than static websites, particularly if there are any customizations planned for off-the-shelf solutions. The most crucial factor is make sure your database is structured properly for the job, as far too many database-driven web site designs are abandoned midstream or are forced to start again from the beginning, because of mistakes made early on during the design of the database structure. Unfortunately, you cannot see these mistakes until much later in the process, so unless you are deeply experienced in database structure development, choose a vendor that has this background.
Localdirective Has What It Takes to develop your Database and eCommerce Websites
Unlike other website development companies that are skilled in either the design or the programming of websites, LocalDirective combines excellence in the three disciplines necessary for the highest possible return on your investment:
- Exceptional, award-winning graphic design combined with deep knowledge of interactive information architecture and usability.
- A programming team with experience that spans over decades and hundreds of complex projects.
- Exceptional online marketing knowledge, which is the basis for messaging and content development that yields stellar results.
We have the expertise to get you started in eCommerce the right way, and we have the marketing experience you'll want to make your store successful in the long run. If you’d like to learn more either complete the quick contact form on the left side of this page or give us a call, toll-free at 1.866.925.9524 today.