or fill out the short form below.
Great websites deliver relevant content at just the moment the buyer needs it.
Content and Social Media Marketing: The Wave of the Future
More Than Just Blogs and Posts
The majority of businesses today know that content and social media marketing are important. They want to play in the space but seem to be struggling with its success. So what is wrong?
More often than not, businesses think blogging and social media posts are enough to build an engaging brand that consumers want to interact with. Content and social marketing is so much more than blogs and posts. Content can include things such as: infographics, podcasts, and whitepapers, while social media includes: contests, promotions, surveys and more. Limiting your content and social strategy to just blogs and posts will also limit your brand potential. Ask yourself, are you delivering value or are you just delivering content?
Content Marketing Strategies That Work for You
Content is king now and for the foreseeable future. Why you ask? It is no secret that relevant and timely content helps grow your brand strategy and assists in increasing sharing/viral metrics. LocalDirective’s core objective for your content marketing strategy is to look at your long-term goals and work through each phase to establish milestones that can be measured for success.
- What are the problems that your content program will solve? For example, are you new to your industry and looking to build brand awareness? Do you get enough leads or struggle closing them? Are your customers or potential customers struggling to see differentiation between you and your competition? If you can answer yes to any of these questions then a solid content strategy can help.
- Once you have identified your business goals, develop a content mission. What emotion do you want your audience to feel? How are you going to spark interest in your product or service through content? However you answer those questions, make sure that the content that comes from your business offers value to the reader.
- No less important than any other step; yet, often overlooked – identify your audience. Who is your content targeted to and how do they like to consume information? For a content strategy to work, you need to know who your target market is.
- Develop a persona for each potential customer. This includes demographic information as well as psychographic information and also behavioural and geographic characteristics. With a clear audience in mind you can take your goals and start creating content around them.
- Your content strategy is only as effective as your distribution. You have spent a lot of time and research to get to this point. You have carefully outlined your goals, you have identified the connection you want to make to your audience, and you have carefully developed consumer personas and have written strong pieces. Now you need to deliver it. An editorial or distribution calendar is essential to delivering a successful strategy as opposed to onetime content pieces.
Using Social Media Strategies To Grow Your Business
Grow your business through a well laid out social media strategy that shows how your programs will help support the overall business and marketing goals. As with content marketing, a lot of businesses make the mistake of thinking they can just be social from time to time and not dedicate the resources to build a strategic plan around their efforts. When you try to do it all, you end up doing nothing.
Focus Your Efforts
Your social media strategy should be focused around your business and marketing goals. If they do not support one of your goals, you might want to rethink the message. Developing a strong strategy and roadmap will help you stay the course and keep your message focused on the goals.
Make a Connection
We don’t mean send a friend request. Companies that can make an emotional connection to a consumer have greater success at building brand loyalty and social partners who are more willing to promote their business to friends and families. Once you have a solid connection your strategy will not change; but how you deliver and connect with your target audience will. When you are truly listening and being honest about what you hear, you can start to develop meaningful and relevant social content that will engage your audience and encourage them to interact with your brand.
Start Attracting New Clients Today
The right partner can make all the difference. At LocalDirective, we will guide you through every step of your content marketing strategy. We can develop a strategic and ongoing approach that will ensure that you get results. We create a roadmap that is unique to your business and your marketing goals.
Our services range from assisting clients create and update websites for better search engine rankings, to creating mobile websites and integrating viable social media marketing with other online initiatives.
If you're ready to develop a marketing plan that leverages both outbound and inbound marketing tactics effectively, give the experts at LocalDirective a call. Either complete the Brief Information Contact Form toll-free at 1.866.925.9524.